My friend tries to photobomb panorama, instead panorama makes him a god.
lol I ran in front of the middle school band director when he was taking a long-exposure pic of the field while teching for our high school and…
SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JAEGER
#can we talk about this #just for a second #can we talk about how this show took valuable time out of its short episodes to throw in little moments like this #moments that humanized ”the enemy” #and showed the war from a different perspective #and made the audience stop and realize the Fire Nation wasn’t inherently evil #like we were at first led to believe #*sighs* idk what i’m saying #I still get really really emotional about A:TLA (via equalistmako)
#atla#or as i like to call it#one of the most secretly complex and intense#mainstream examinations of the world and morality and humanity#what doesn’t this show deal with in interesting and hardcore ways#family power politics fitting in growing up#cultural dissonance genocide#gender roles self-esteem the gap between self and perception#yes thank you for existing avatar
1. Don’t think that being published will make you happy. It will for four weeks, if you are lucky. Then it’s the same old fucking shit.
2. Hemingway was fucking wrong. You shouldn’t write drunk. (See my third novel for details.)
3. Hemingway was also right. ‘The first draft of everything is shit.’
4. Never ask a publisher or agent what they are looking for. The best ones, if they are honest, don’t have a fucking clue, because the best books are the ones that seemingly come from nowhere.
5. In five years time the semi-colon is going to be nothing more than a fucking wink.
6. In five years time every fucking person on Twitter will be a writer.
7. Ignore the fucking snobs. Write that space zombie sex opera. Just give it some fucking soul.
8. If it’s not worth fucking reading, it’s not worth fucking writing. If it doesn’t make people laugh or cry or blow their fucking minds then why bother?
9. Don’t be the next Stephen King or the next Zadie Smith or the next Neil Gaiman or the next Jonathan Safran fucking Foer. Be the next fucking you.
10. Stories are fucking easy. PLOT OF EVERY BOOK EVER: Someone is looking for something. COMMERCIAL VERSION: They find it. LITERARY VERSION: They don’t find it. (That’s fucking it.)
11. No-one knows anything. Especially fucking me. Except:
12. Don’t kill off the fucking dog.
13. Oh, yeah, and lastly: write whatever you fucking want.
Matt Haig, “Some Fucking Writing Tips” (via alcantrez)
forbidden from one another
a war divides their people
and a mountain divides them apart
build a path to be together
yeah i forget the next couple lines but then it goes
THROUGH THE MOUNTAINS
SECRET SECRET SECRET SECRET TUNNEL
I am laughing so hard!
The local public transport added this vehicle to their timeline on facebook. It is called “Icarus 66” and all I am seeing is a bus that’s - in the immortal words of one First Officer Douglas Richardson - "named after the first bad pilot in history"
DID THEY EVEN THINK ABOUT THE NAME????
a guy walked into the board room and said
"hi sweetheart if you could fix me up a coffee real quick im meeting with the regional reports manager in like five minutes, thanks darling"
and i just stared at him and coldly said
"i am the regional reports manager"
we are now twenty minutes into this board meeting and i dont think i’ve ever seen a man look so embarrassed and afraid in my whole life
this post is surreal